I've blogged about 6 months ago about making my giant Irish rose, well I finally got round to using it on the headband I made.
It has worked out better than I had hoped, the size of the rose is just perfect for what I had in mind.
As everyone's head is different I decided that I needed to add a little piece of elastic into the back of the headband to allow for expansion The band itself is crochet using TR stitches so has a bit of stretch regardless, but the addition of the elastic piece allows the band to stretch but still remain a snug fit.
I used Twilleys goldfingering in black for the headband, it is a metallised yarn which makes it catch the light and "glint"
The contrast of this glittery yarn with the softness of the Rowan Silk Twist yarn that I used for the rose works really well.
Overall I am really happy with how this one turned out - if you like it too its available in my Etsy shop