Friday, February 19, 2010

Crochet Scrubbie

So I am continuing to make my crochet scrubbie, I wonder where the ideas come from sometimes !!  I was working on it last night and my husband asked me why I was crocheting a brain - seriously ....

Then I looked at it, and it kinda does look like a brain .... or a cauliflower perhaps .....

Anyway, this is the first time I've made a completely round object with hyperbolic crochet, and it gets tight ... It's quite tricky to avoid catching the stitches that I've already worked, I have to use my yarn hand to keep the other worked stitches out of the way while I work along.  Its getting more and more tricky as I get closer to the end ...

Mind you its taking some time, I've been working on a 5 stitches to 1 ratio.  So having started with 30 stitches I'm now working my way through 750 stitches, & will end up with 3750 stitches in the last round .... Phew !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment