Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My first attempts at spining

I have had my spinning wheel for almost 1 month and now that I have worked out how to setup it up I am starting to get into actually spinning some yarn.

 One of my first attempts is this generic wool top.
Handspun Yarn 

Its pretty inconsistent and lumpy .....

Handspun Yarn

You can see some of the areas look like actual yarn, but others are pretty fluffy!

But I don't like to give up so I kept on going and spun this from some Grey Suffolk wool tops.

Handspun Yarn

I think I am getting a little better with my consistency

Handspun Yarn

Don't get me wrong, I know its a long way from perfect and I still have a LOT to learn about plying but I feel like I am making some progress - what do you think?

I'll keep posting with further progress or if I actually make anything with this yarn I am creating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment