Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My handspun booties

As promised .... here are the booties I am making for my friend.

So far I have just finished the body of the booties.
Booties made with 2 ply handspun merino yarn 

I still need to sew up the fronts so that they sit in the correct position, add the piping, flower and fastening.

Booties made with 2 ply handspun merino yarn

You can see in the background my little ball of handspun yarn.  In the end I did have enough to finish my project - and even a little to spare :)

2 ply handspun merino yarn

I think that, although I actually spun this in the wrong way - clockwise for the singles and anti-clockwise for the ply.  I think it turned out pretty well. 

The consistency is not bad, and it worked up quite nicely into the booties.

2 ply handspun merino yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment