Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Handspun baby socks

I wanted to make a pair of socks for my husbands cousins (relatively) new baby.

Both of these yarns are spun from merino tops.  I created the first by plying together one black and one white single yarn.  The second was  made by spinning a sea green and light blue top together to create the singles & then plying those together.

Handspun yarn

And here are my little socks.  They are sized for 6 to 12 months.

Crochet socks from handspun yarn
T
There is a slight gauge difference between the yarns - my consistency is getting better, but its not there yet.  Even with the difference I think that they look OK.

Crochet socks from handspun yarn

They are pretty cosy.  Hopefully the little fella will like them.

Crochet socks from handspun yarn 

No comments:

Post a Comment