Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Irish Crochet Necklace - Irish rose design



This is one of my favorite necklaces that I have made so far.  It is created with 3 Irish roses, one large and 2 smaller.  Then 2 Irish Crochet rose leaves are added.

In crocheting the necklace "chain" I added in some gutterman beads in groups of 3 along each chain.

I have added some covered crochet covered washers to the ends of the chain to add weight and make them hang nicely when tied. 

There is no specific closure, the chains are tied to close - in that way the necklace lenght can be altered to neck size and also to neckline.



I used no30 multi-coloured crochet thread.  I really like the effect that the multi-coloured thread creates.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I love the color. At first, I thought it was gold when I saw the pic on google images. I'll have to attempt to make one soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete