Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Irish Crochet Twist - Complicated!!



I am attempting to crochet this "floweret" that comes from a very old DMC crochet book.  I wanted to try to create the loop motif & thought that this was a fairly simple example to start with.

Well the complication comes with the way the pattern is written.  Here is a section of the pattern as an example.

Make a ring with the cord foundation and crochet 15 plain stitches on this ring continue over the cord foundation and make 1 plain stitch on the stitch of the ring on wiich the plain stitch that preceeds the little ring is set.

It took me to read this quite a few times to try to understand it ... I'm not 100% sure that I do even now, but I am trying to create my floweret regardless ... Once I have finished one I'll post a picture & you can let me know what you think .. did I get it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment