I have been working on my Midsummers night shawl that I am making for my mum.
I was getting on great, progress was going well - given that I only have a couple of hours a day at most to work on crochet.
I got up to the final piece of the edging and then disaster struck ... the pattern just didn't work. After a couple of attempts and a bit of head scratching I finally thought to check that the shawl was even on both sides.
It wasn't, damn it all .... I'd made a mistake, and not one of those "I can cover this up" sort of mistakes - a proper, buggered it up mistake.
So I took a deep breath and thought to myself. "It might not be that bad. Just start frogging ("rip it") and see when the mistake happened, its probably not that far back".
17, yes 17 rows of frogging and I finally got back to where the shawl was correct. 17 !!!!!!!!!
Feeling pig sick, I wound myself up the largest ball of yarn and got back to crocheting those 17 rows. So far I have managed to rework 6 of my rows.
I should chalk this up to a learning experience, at least now I am checking that everything is as it should be with every finished row. I don't plan on frogging this one again.