Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Don't you just hate it when .....

You get so engrossed with what you are watching on TV that you make mistakes in the thing you are making ... I was watching "Topic of Cancer" last night and managed to sew the beads on my latest creation on the wrong side !!! 

I am currently making a new pair if barefoot sandals.  I started out just making some motifs.  I have some lovely glass beads that I have been looking for an excuse to use.  This is often my design process, just start making something and see where it leads me.


And then decided that I would make barefoot sandals out of them.  I have joined the motifs so that they make an S shape and the next stage is to add some rocailles beads around the shape ... this is where I went wrong.  Oh well, I guess that its the mistakes and fixing them that makes the end result more special - well thats what I'm telling myself :)

So the task today is to fix the first one and sew the beads onto the second one.  More photos to follow, sorry about the quality of the photos here - they are taken with my mobile phone and it works much better as a phone than a camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment